It’s been a while since I’ve blogged! (two months?) Life has been, well…you know how it goes. Life’s been life. But I’ve missed writing.
So I’m so happy to sit down with a much needed cup of tea and link up with Moxie Wife for this week’s Five Favorites.
1. Best-Loved Children’s Stories. I first bought this book because the illustrations reminded me of my childhood. You can imagine how I was even more delighted to discover I was reading Frankie stories that actually have real consequences to actions. I don’t want to sound sick, but there’s something refreshing about stories like these. Like for instance, when the wolf is too greedy and gluttonous, he gets viciously beaten by the towns people. And then the story ends. Or when the wee little lamb is sneeky and lies, he ends up getting gobbled up by a Jackal. And the story ends. I LOVE it! And you know what? Frankie does too…seriously, boys love that kind of stuff.
2. Snow. You just can’t fight it. Resist all you want, but in New Jersey the snow just keeps on coming. If you can’t beat them, join them…so I’ve caved and decided to make the most of the bitter cold around me. The Floridian side of me keeps telling me to stay inside but venturing out is both invigorating and encouraging. A little cold air can really clear the head, not to mention gorgeous shots like this:
3. Juicing. After reluctantly watching the documentary “Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead” my husband and I were so inspired to re-think our health. The fact that simply switching to a mostly plant based diet can reverse diseases and prevent Cancer altogether is incredible. Why haven’t we been doing this? Because our bodies have been seriously addicted to processed foods. Well we’re cutting them out and have been juicing together every morning. I feel better, sleep better, and am hoping to watch my hips shrink in the process.
4. Radiantly You. My girlfriend discovered this company that specializes in all natural and organic beauty, baby, and cleaning products. Looking forward to trying their products out!
5. Edel Gathering. This events motto is “Refresh. Connect. Enjoy.” Yes please! Yeeeehaw Austin here I come!