“Yummy” Turkey Chili is a great cold weather recipe my aunt passed along that Frankie loves. Simple, quick prep, and pretty healthy if you don’t add any sour cream! 🙂
The ingredient list is a bit long but it’s mostly things you’ll already have in the pantry.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Bring along your little helper(s) to get:
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 15-ounce can pinto beans
- 1 15-ounce can black beans
- 1 (14-1/2 ounces) can diced tomatoes in juice
- 1 (6 ounces) can tomato paste
- 1 can chicken broth
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 4 scallions
- Sour Cream (optional)
- Corn bread (optional)
1. Pour oil onto large saucepan and turn heat to medium
2. Add chopped onions ans scallions, stir and cook for 5 minutes
3. Add ground turkey, brown and stir for 5 minutes (break up into large pieces)
4. Stir in garlic powder, chili powder, black pepper, and cumin.
5. Rinse and dry black and pinto beans in a strainer, then add to the pot.
6. Finally pour entire can of diced tomatoes, tomato paste, corn, and chicken broth into the pot.
7. Stir on medium for 5 more minutes.
Add a dollop of sour cream to your bowl and bring it to a whooole new level…YUM! Some corn bread on the side is also a nice touch. Enjoy!!